Friday 14 January 2011

A Prayer to a Body in Need of a Good Rest Or……



Or…… My Reflections on My Reflections on My Reflection

[Or…… What You Might End Up Saying If You Turn Your Negative Body Talk Into Positive Affirmations]

Here is a Body
Vulnerable and Exposed…..

Shameless

Sacred Holy
Totally Acceptable and Divine
Spiritually Good

Slim, Trim, Slim and Trim
Surprisingly Youthful
Young and Vital

Cuddly and Curvaceous
Smooth and Furry
Muscled

Beautifully Androgynous
Masculine Enough
Dinky Genitals- Perfectly Formed
:-)

Beautiful, Amazing, Hairy and Handsome
Strong, Adapting, Dynamic, Evolving, Growing
Wonderful Changing Regenerating Miraculous

Attractive, Sexually Attractive, Tasty

In Surprisingly Good Nick
A Great Oak
A Well-Looked-After Vintage Car

Hello!

You are Smouldering, Sensual and Sensuous
Feeling, Touching, Tasting, Smelling
The Silent Witness and Guide when Ethereal and Material Clash

The Vessel
The Instrument
The Tool

Transient, Transitory and Transitional
Indispensable Now- Yet Ultimately Disposable

Body!
Talk To Me!
Show Me How You Feel!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a body in which its owner is extremely comfortable, and with which its owner enjoys and celebrates. I can't think of a better way to feel about one's body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Crazeebee
    We Can Love Our Beautiful Bodies- it's just a question of finding the time and developing the right frame of mind!
    Love
    GS
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey The Honourable Husband [aka Deutschland über Elvis]
    :-)
    Thanks for your comment. Hmmm not so simple I'm afraid.
    I wrote the post after I'd carried out an exercise in a book called Gay Spirit Warrior
    You stand in front of a full length mirror naked and then just write down everything you see.
    Some of the stuff I wrote was positive but there was a whole pile of stuff which was not so good. Then you spend some time developing positive affirmations from the negative stuff [which is why these are reflections on reflections of my reflection.
    I would never have known that I carried around such negativity about my body until I carried out this exercise. Suppose it's a function of living in a society which continuously and often subliminally bombards you with images of youth and physical perfection and then expects you to fork out for cosmetic interventions to make you feel better about having fallen so far short of this unattainable standard.
    If you've got a spare hour I'd recommend it as a really interesting thing to do
    :-)
    Love
    GS

    ReplyDelete